Thursday, July 5, 2012

Our big break

I went to class today with Scott.  Afterwards, we are sitting outside the Old City just talking.  A group of tourist walks up from Bali, Indonesia and their group leader strikes up a conversation with us.  He asks where we are from and Scott replies, "Texas."  His response, "American Cowboy!"  The entire group of Indonesians turns to look at us and out come the cameras!

Scott and I posed with them individually and in groups for about 5 minutes.  We were cracking up the whole time, whispering under our breath, "what is happening?!"  I don't know if they thought Scott was JR's son (Dallas) in the flesh or if they took his Tilly to be a cowboy hat, but they loved us!  So, we've decided we are probably all over Facebook in Indonesia tonight.  They were so proud to get a shot with us.  They would show it to us, smile and shake our hand before scooting over for their next friend's turn!  Still chuckling!  So wish I had my camera with me to reciprocate the fun.

1 comment: