Thursday, August 30, 2012

Two Weeks

We have been home a whole two weeks now.  It has taken every bit of that time for our family to re-acquaint ourselves with our home, our cars, our dog, our grocery store, etc.  (Where did I leave that thing-a-ma-bob three months ago?!)  A virus running through the family didn't help matters.  At last though, everyone is feeling more like themselves, healthy and getting back into some routines.

I have to say how much I love being home.  People are incredibly nice here.  I was so happy at HEB, our BIG local grocery store the other day.  Prior to the summer, grocery shopping was such a drudgery.  The 2 times I've been since being home have been quite the opposite.  I feel so loved and uplifted there.  HEB rocks people!  Air-conditioning, friendly, helpful faces, nice organized lines for checking out.  No flies.  We have no idea how good we've got it.  It reminds me of the Ross King song, "Why you done me wrong, Lord?" where he adeptly points out that our perceived hardships are truly not hardships at all.

Scott and I took a mini-walk tonight.  We discussed how we both feel this new level of calmness.  Things were so heightened and intense for the summer, that managing life here seems much more doable - we can, after all, read the language and understand how to function in our surroundings much more easily.  Maybe we have found a new inner peace, or maybe our minds were working overtime in Israel and we are still coming down off the high.  Either way, we shared we'd like to hold onto that feeling.  Nothing is on fire.  There is no panic.  Nice and easy does it.  It's the journey, not the destination.

And on that note, can't believe I've been on this journey now with Scott for 18 years.
Happy Anniversary sweetheart.  Wow - feels like just yesterday!

Happy 18 years honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment