Saturday, June 9, 2012

My day in Jerusalem-Ryan

Hello my friends and family-
My mom has suggested I tell y'all what my average day looks like. And if your kids are having trouble sleeping have them read this and they will be snoring in no time! Just kidding, actually my days are full over here.
     
I'll start my day off trying to sleep in, no such luck when you have Kylen as a little brother. But anyway, I usually have a quiet morning. Then at about 10:00 in the morning, I go downstairs to the courtyard and shoot hoops with my friend Mordeci, (but everyone calls him Morty) and we have lots of fun. Then sometimes, (more often than not) the elderly lady that lives in our apartment comes out and barks at us. She is old, and we aren't sure if she really knows where she is or why she is there. Everytime she yells at us we tell her we don't know hebrew, but she keeps yelling. I would very much appreciate it if y'all could pray for me about this, it would help.

Anyway, after we are done playing I go up and help get lunch ready. After lunch we usually do one of two different things. A. Have some more downtime because mom and emma went to the market and everyone's tired. OR B. We head into the old city! So basically we decide if kylen and ethan will go to bed on time or not. Which is a factor for mom and dad, mind you. So let's say we take option A about 3 in the afternoon there is a familiar rat-rat-rat on our door. And Ethan and Kylens um...excited friend enters. His name is Viggy and he is nuts. He is a great kid, and really funny but sometimes he goes crazy. He is also Mortys little brother. So at this point I would go ask Morty to go to the park and we would head out. On the way we would pick up our friend Luvuv. After a good afternoon of basketball and soccer we leave and come home around 6:30. I then eat dinner and shower then relax before crashing.

B. We head to one of my favorite places in the world.... The old city of Jerusalem. I cannot explain it and pictures cannot capture it. You will have to come and see for yourself. It is a place where as my dad puts it, "You could throw a stone ten feet and hit history in the face." And its true. Hundreds of people walk over stairs that Jesus probably walked on. Let's get this straight people, JESUS!
 
Anyway, after touring we come home to a early dinner, and early showers and bed. This is the day that God himself barely had time to teach Ethan and Kylen the words that they RARELY utter, "Mommy, I' tired."

And that's my day in Jerusalem- Ryan Heare

5 comments:

  1. Ryan - thank you for including us in your day! It was so fun to read about your new normal! I am glad that you have sports and friends to keep you busy and active. I have also read the adventures into town to McDonalds! WOW over $60 - that's quite an outing! But one that I think is worth it if it is joyfully received!

    I think there are many who would love to see what you all are seeing. Enjoy it while you can! Love, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan!! Thanks so much for sharing your day. It sounds full and exciting! The City of David was one of my favorite days there. Phil and I are praying about the day that we will be walking our Emily and Caleb in the text. The thoughts of that are closer and closer for us.
    I'm so thankful for your friends there. What a blessing that is. Our family will be praying of a way for you to be Jesus to the Old Lady that Yells everyday. Ya just never know what her story is and why is is grumpy.
    I'm so glad that you took the time to blog. It's great to hear from you.
    Love you all,
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Ryan for following mom's suggestion. Your unique humor comes through your writing and is more entertaining than anything I've read lately. Now look what you've done, I want more. Besides this is real life! Hey you, Jesus walked there!! Hilarious. Keep up the good work. Shalom!
    Lord, we ask you to show Ryan his purpose with the lady who yells. We know you love family and relationships Father so we ask Lord that you reveal to Ryan how he can be your hands and feet as a son reflecting the image of the father. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ryan,

    Evans and I, too, will be praying for your yelling neighbor. :) I have to say, I could totally HEAR your voice as I read and chuckled...read some more and chuckled. You're a wonderful writer! Keep blogging as you are able or find yourself a manly looking journal and document this time with paper and pen. I look back on my journals from your age and page by page much I would have forgotten comes back to life as I read line after line. My journals have become my "pillars in the Jordan."

    Caleb Schmidt has a good idea when he is traveling. He writes bullet point for each day in order to remember what he did on any given day; as time allows, he later details more of his memories. That way, you are still able to soak your experience being fully present and write later! (A lesson I learned in Israel.)

    Peace to you and your whole family!

    Love,
    Es and Ev

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were just wondering what your day was like, thank you for sharing, prayers and hugs to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete