Saturday, May 26, 2012

Our Gift is Here

About a week ago, I "randomly" came across an old Upper Room devotional book.  I've fallen out of the discipline of reading/praying over God's words lately so I decided this would be something simple to do leading up to our trip.  Let me just say, God is a pretty amazing orchestrator!  The book I picked up was for Dec. - Advent to be exact.  It is all about anticipation and preparation for Christmas - the birth of Jesus.  How fitting as we are in anticipating and preparing in a major way!  The emphasis on Mary and her heart has been so helpful in helping my Mother's heart be mindful of my children and their hearts.

So the day before we depart, the title of the day reads, "Our gift is here, the Son of God.  How will you hold this treasure?"

Our gift is most definitely here and it is a question I think about and want the kids to think about as well.  Our trip is a huge gift and I know God has specific purposes for giving it to each of us in this time and place.  I pray we realize and take hold of our treasure.


Psalm 126 - When the Lord restored the fortunes of Zion, we were like those who dream.  Then our mouth was filled with laughter and our tongue with shouts of joy; then it was said among the nations, "The Lord has done great things for them."  The Lord has done great things for us and we rejoiced.  

1 comment:

  1. Praying for y'all as well!! I KNOW the LORD has an amazing GIFT for each of you!! Will miss you all! Love!

    ReplyDelete