Thursday, May 31, 2012

Howdy from the kiddos

Hi my name is Emily Jo and I am the only girl [ besides my mom ] in the Heare family. That means I'm used to being around boys but the planes uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuoi I don't know how I survived. I'm just glad we're here,
                             Sincerly,
                             Emily Jo.

P.S. I'm just happy we're here.




Hello my family! So today me, my Dad, and my mom tried one of Israel exotic foods.... It was called Fallafel. It is some pita bread with things that look like hush puppies and are sort of spicy. It also includes a veggie combo of lettuce,tomato,and cucumbers. It is topped with a ranch like sauce. Needless to say I loved it. But even besides the great food Israel has been outstanding! I have already met some new friends who love soccer and basketball and one of them lives right downstairs. I miss you all.




                                                                                                -Ryan


We are taking the kids to the Old City in the morning for the first time.  Promise to take along the camera. Also will take a quick video of our apartment and neighborhood soon for those who have been asking.  It will be our first Sabbath here starting at sundown tomorrow.  Everything is said to close down for 24 hours - should be interesting.  Good night friends.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Kiddos, Glad to hear from you, too! Ryan, I'm glad you liked the falafel. I bet you'll like shwarma, as well. How cool that you've made friends (and sporty ones at that--how 'bout them Spurs?!). Emily, My wife and daughter can relate to what you're feeling... We're glad you survived the plane ride and hope you enjoy your time in Jerusalem. Keep dancing for Jesus!

    Tim (for all the Becksvoorts)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Heare Family!

    So happy to be able to connect with you! I especially love the videos! Ethan I miss you already! You are going to love your time in Israel-I am so proud of you for trying new things! Remember when you didn't like to tear and glue at school but once you tried it and we prayed about it you started to love it? You grew so much. You are going to learn and grow in Israel too! I pray for you and your family every day.
    Emily, I'm not fond of flying either but isn't it great once you get to where you need to go? Have fun sweetheart and be blessed by your time in the most amazing place.

    Love you all,
    Ms. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really proud of you Ryan and Emily ~ I know you are a huge help and support for your parents and that you will find that God has little surprises there just for you - things that will be personal and encouraging if you look for them. How fun that you have already found a few... friends, basketball, a food that you enjoy...
    and Emily, yours are coming! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh...give a huge to Kylen and Ethan!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ryan- falafel sounds delicious! I am so incredibly proud of you all jumping in with both feet! You are my heroes! Thank you for sharing with us and blessing us with a taste of your journey! May He give you all what your needs are daily! Much love to you all, we miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a phenomenal idea to keep a blog while you guys are in Israel! I'm already in love with it and feel like I'm experiencing it right along with--from the comfort of my home :) You guys are beyond lucky--even if you don't feel it everyday. The Smiths are keeping you in our prayers. What a great feeling to know that each new day has new surprises and blessings awaiting! Keep your chin up and try it all. Much love to you guys!

    Stacy Smith

    ReplyDelete