Saturday, May 17, 2014

Sitting alongside the Mediterranean, enjoying a wonderfully cool breeze.  Time to catch up on the blog!

Day 2 - We started our day in the desert at Timna.  Saw a replica of the Tabernacle - true to the design requirements laid out in the Torah, then proceeded onto Masada.  This was our getting over jet-lag day.  Awesome time in the beautiful desert.  Spent the night at the Dead Sea.  I want to share that by the time I got down to the water, I had the Dead Sea all to myself!  Everyone else had left for the day.  I just giggled and enjoyed the quiet moment of serenity as I bobbled in the water by myself.  Couldn't convince the others to go, but I loved it!



Day 3 - We started out at En Gedi discussing living waters.  The trip took me back to 2008 when we were there with friends on the RVL filming tour.  Special memories of real emotional and spiritual healing.  Made a quick stop to Qumran where we learned about the dedicated Essenes.  We finished the day meeting our archeologist friend Joel who walked us around Tel Jericho.  Turns out the walls really did come crumbling down!  As if we ever doubted!  God's word is true and scientific discovery is only proving it more an more.  Exciting to see such a recent dig.  Thank you Joel Kramer.

En Gedi.  Where David hides from Saul.






We had dinner at our favorite steak restaurant in the Galilee.  Delicious meal and delightful company.  Spent the night in Tiberias.  Not my favorite city but lively.






Day 4 - Our tour through the Galilee where Jesus did the majority of his teachings.  We went to Capernaum, Nof Ginosar, saw a likely eremos tapos and ended our day in lovely Caesarea.  Tonight we stay with our dear friend Anne Kleinberg.  A little piece of heaven on earth!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like y'all had a great time! How cool to meet up with Joel Kramer!
    Tim & Michelle

    ReplyDelete